District courts in 18 UP districts receive bomb threat emails; security tightened | Lucknow News
LUCKNOW: District courts in at least 18 districts of Uttar Pradesh received bomb threat emails early Monday morning, triggering heightened security measures and intensive searches across court premises. Among the districts that received the threats were Lucknow, Ayodhya, Moradabad, Azamgarh, Meerut, Amroha, Varanasi, along with several others, officials said. According to police sources, the threatening emails were sent in the early hours of the day, warning of explosions inside district court complexes.

Court authorities immediately alerted local police and administrative officials.Bomb disposal squads, dog squads, and local police teams conducted thorough searches of the court premises in the morning before regular proceedings began. Entry and exit points were monitored, and litigants and lawyers underwent strict security screening.Officials said similar threat emails had been received two days earlier as well. On Friday, four district courts in the state had also received comparable bomb threats via email, raising concerns over a possible coordinated attempt to spread panic and disrupt judicial functioning.Cyber crime teams are tracing the IP addresses and email origins. No suspicious object has been recovered so far, police said in any of the district court.Unit of Anti Terrorism Squad is conducting a probe into the threat emails sent to the districts. Senior police officials at the DGP HQ said that they were monitoring the situation in all the districts and cyber cell has been asked to assist the probe along with the district police units and ATS.